As founder of the Karmness Centre you may be expecting a quiet zen type and this is certainly how Belinda is on the inside but externally you will find a super magnetic,
enthusiastic being bursting with energy (her friends say she is like a little energiser bunny). With an approachable demeanour and a huge heart, she is passionate about empowering other women (and men) to become the best version of themselves that they can be.
Belinda does not live a quiet antisocial life in lotus position under a Sacred Fig Tree (although she does have a few on her property and sometimes wishes she could!!). Instead she juggles the busy demands of businesses, properties and five gorgeous children with an ease that many would envy. Belinda attributes her ability to handle all of this to her meditative practice and this inspired her to open the Karmness Centre.
She believes that the answers we often seek externally are already known to us. They are just hidden inside. In fact, we are the only ones who know what we really want and need. By looking within and taking the time out from our busy schedules we can often find the answers we seek.
Meditation has incredible benefits and this knowledge and first-hand experience of the practice led Belinda to open the Karmness Centre so she can share the treasures of thousands of year old practice that has now been scientifically proven to change the way we can be. Her dream is to have many centres all over the country where people can experience real connection with both themselves and others.
Best to mention too that she holds numerous degrees in Psychology, Modern Psychology, Hypnotherapy, NLP and Meditation along with her years of meditative practice
Leonie is our recently appointed Karmness Centre Manager – she joins the team with a wealth of experience in positive leadership, mentoring and management skills.
She is passionate about seeing her team get the most successful outcome united as a collective group working for the best interest of the business.
Leonie also loves empowering people through personal development and transformation to unlock their authentic true selves which are all attributes succinctly aligned with the Centres values.
Leonie’s background is primarily aviation and hospitality industry’s with focus and expertise in customer service.
More recently she has branched out and incorporated more holistic learnings like reiki, intuition coaching and NLP.
She is a super energetic mother to a young toddler and also a Pyjama Angel and she encompasses the saying “if you want something done, Ask a busy person” as in spite of her busy schedule she is always able to make time for those close to her.
Matthew Power, Focusing Oriented Psychotherapist, BCouns, BA, GradDipEd, MACA
- A leading trauma counsellor and psychotherapist (with 10 years experience as a specialist trauma counsellor) using compassionate mindfulness-based, strengths-based and body-oriented approaches to healing.
- A Focusing Trainer. Focusing is a revolutionary way of working with the mind in the body. The “felt-sensing” awareness taught in Focusing is a foundation of several modern trauma therapies, but Focusing is not just about trauma. Focusing is used in areas of life as far-ranging as creative writing, parenting, business and the deepening of spiritual experience.
- An educator and trainer in wide-ranging areas of mindfulness, helping work and trauma awareness. Matthew was a teacher earlier in his life, and does regular training work in trauma awareness and trauma counselling methods for the Blue Knot Foundation.
- A certified Clinical Supervisor for counsellors.
- A mindfulness instructor. Matthew is a 23 year practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism, studied the application of mindfulness as part of his counselling degree, and lived at a meditation centre for four years – Chenrezig Institute Centre for Buddhist Study, Meditation and Retreat. (Ask Matthew about the special experience of being the English tutor for the high Tibetan Lama Geshe Tashi Tsering for several years).
Matthew is happy to talk about all of this. If you bump into him at the Karmness Centre feel free to ask him some questions!
More info is also available at Matthew’s own website: heartmindfocusing.net
I have lived with chronic illness, and pain for over twenty-five years. I’m a ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia Spoonie.
I am passionate about helping people live in wellness. I use Reiki, Meditation and Chair Yoga daily in my own life to help deal with the effects of living with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia as well as every day stresses, and to maintain my mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
I love fun, colour, getting organised and all things creative. I use doodling as a meditation tool for relaxing and to help individuals facing life challenges such as chronic illness.
I am a List Maker, Note Taker, Book Lover, Stationery Obsessed, Gadget Geek, Doodler and Creative Wellness Advocate.
MI am a Reiki Practitioner, Holistic Counsellor, Meditation Therapist, Chair Yoga Instructor, Visual Learning Instructor and Evernote Certified Consultant.
My Story is coming
Janis R Barry
My Story is coming
My Story is coming